i-tri is an inclusive, immersive, community-based program that fosters self-respect, personal empowerment, self-confidence, positive body image and healthy lifestyle choices for adolescent girls. i-tri trains them to complete a youth-distance triathlon as a metaphor for life’s journey, giving them the opportunity to set seemingly impossible goals and helping them gain the tools to achieve those goals. Along their journey to the finish line, girls build confidence, and find their power physically, mentally and emotionally. i-tri girls learn to believe in themselves, and that can change everything.
i-tri focuses on working with middle-school girls because research shows that the largest drop in self-esteem occurs during early adolescence. 69% of elementary school-aged girls reported being “happy the way I am.” That figure plummets to 29% for high school girls.
The original pilot program consisted of 8 Middle School girls at Springs School in East Hampton, NY. 11 years later, i-tri has grown to serve over 700 girls from 11 school districts and continues to grow as we prepare for a National Expansion.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Founder, Executive Director/Chief Visionary Officer the Development Consultant will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow i – tri to a $1,000,000 organization through the solicitation of major gifts, donations, federal and state grants, and foundation support.
Working with i-tri’s leadership team, the Development Consultant will identify, expand and diversify i-tri’s donor base/pipeline to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the Development Consultant will support board members in their fundraising role.
It is expected that the amount raised by i-tri will increase in future years as the Development Consultant systematically and effectively strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include individuals, foundation, government grants.
- With the support of the staff the Development Consultant will have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals.
- Establish best practices including an implementation roadmap for monitoring all donor information including statistical analysis
- Establish best practices including an implementation roadmap for monitoring and reporting the progress of all development programs (knowledge of Salesforce a plus)
- Update and improve all development sales materials
- Assess current program research to identify data gaps
- Lead new research initiatives necessary for creating compelling sales communications targeted to foundations, grants and individuals
- Provide mentorship and guidance to enhance the capabilities of the development team
- High energy and passion for i-tri’s mission is essential
- Tangible experience in expanding and cultivating existing donor relationships over time
- Experience in researching, writing and reporting foundation and government grants.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Fundraising software and tools expertise (Salesforce experienced a plus)
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside i-tri
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working remotely on part-time contract basis